Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday

So hopefully you don't live under a rock or anything but just in case you do let me fill you in on a little something... yesterday was the Superbowl. I unfortunately couldn't go nuts like I usually do because A)I didn't care much about the teams playing in the game and B)I had papers to write; but none the less, I am a sports fan, so I watched the game and cracked a few brews. I gotta hand it to the Packers they played a great game and were the favorites in my book going into it. Probably didn't help that Pittsburg played like crap with a -3 turnover ratio for the game.
But we all know the real reason why this game actually gets so much attention... the commercials. I have got to admit that I was not impressed with the showing this year. Yeah we had the usual good ones (Budweiser, Doritos)but overall they were lacking new ideas. I have to say though, the movie trailers BLEW MY MIND! How can anyone not be excited for Captain America, Thor, Transformers, and Super 8? Sure I admit it I'm a geek I like that sort of stuff; but even for someone who isn't into that stuff the trailers looked amazing and yes I will see all of those.
So here's my list of the top 10 commercials from Superbowl 45 (you can watch all of them at www.youtube.com/adblitz):
#10) Budweiser "Tiny Dancer"
#9) Pepsi Max "Love Hurts"
#8) NFL Best Fans Ever
#7) Stella Artois with Brody Miller
#6) Brisk with Eminem
#5) Doritos "Pug Attack"
#4) Chevy Silverado "Tommy"
#3) Chevy Camero
#2) Doritos "The Best Part"
#1)Bud Light "Product Placement"
Next thing to talk about would probably be all the singing throughout the festivities. First on the song chopping block would be Lia Michelle singing "America the Beautiful". You may know her as that kinda hot girl from Glee. We now know why she performs on a tv now. Her vocals are mediocre at best but people liked it and she does have talent. Next song to get blown out of the sky would be the good ole' National Anthem sung by Christina Aguilera. I'm sure you know by now that she left out a good chunk of the song, the same song that is sung millions of times a year. She sounded amazing per usual but you can't do that and expect to not get bashed for it. And now finally we have the monstrosity called the halftime show. First off, glad to see they found someone relevant to perform (sorry to The Boss and Prince). Secondly, Fergie's face scares me so I didn't quite pay attention but then I heard a guitar intro to a song that I knew didn't belong to the BEP. Well what do ya know it's Slash! Respectable all the way until Fergie butchers a classic. I continue writing until I hear yet another song that doesn't belong to BEP... look up to find Usher coming out of nowhere and dancing all over the place. That was pretty cool. The show ends people are going mad ok let's go back to football.
 Overall the game was alright. Packers looked good, Steelers looked bad, and all high school/college girls sighed in relief that "Big Ben" would not be celebrating that night. Congrats to the Packers.

No comments:

Post a Comment